kde-workspace/4.9 messed up

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Nov 11 14:12:19 GMT 2012

On domingo, 11 de novembro de 2012 12.48.15, Christoph Feck wrote:
> Uh oh, I think I did "git reset origin/HEAD --hard" in the 4.9 branch,
> to get rid of an initial commit I made in that branch. So HEAD doesn't
> refer to the remote head in the current branch, but always to the head
> of master?

HEAD is a branch. It's not symbolic like it was in SVN or CVS (the tip of a
given branch). By default, HEAD is actually a symbolic ref -- it points to
another ref.

$ cat .git/refs/remotes/origin/HEAD
ref: refs/remotes/origin/master

So you see exactly what origin/HEAD is.

You can also change it (locally) using git remote set-head.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358