Nepomuk Metadata Extractor moved to KDE Review

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 14:59:02 GMT 2012

Hi,

> Just a small question regarding the name - what do you think about
> renaming it to Nepomuk Metadata Retriever / Fetcher / Miner ...

I don't really care about the naming, so I'm fine to rename it.

The application is called "MetaData Extarctor" because Web-Extractor
is already taken.
This is an old GSoC that never got out of playground for various reasons.

So I took the next best option and added Nepomuk infront to indicate
its a Nepomuk "tool".

Extractor might be correct, because it extracts data from the web ;)

> Well fwiw, the names you suggested seems the same to me (to get data from
> Nepomuk) :) Maybe File Metadata Extractor / Retriever / Miner...? Or append
> "for Nepomuk"?

"File Metadata Miner" does sound ok.

So in case the current naming might be a problem, I'll change it into this.

Any votes on this isue?