What about DATAKIOSLAVE?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sat May 5 11:16:58 BST 2012

Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012 18:53 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> In kio/kio/dataprotocol.h you will find this documentation of that #define:
>
> // DATAKIOSLAVE: define if you want to compile this into a stand-alone
> //              kioslave
>
> And in this header and the implementation a bunch of #ifdef's depending on
> it. But I can't see it being set or used anywhere. Would anyone object on
> just killing it altogether?

That's simple, you can compile it into a standalone executable that is
registered like any other kioslave.

However, given that data-urls don't depend on any external data it seemed
overkill, therefore I added a special hack that the kio-dataslave is invoked
in-process on the client side.

Hence, by defining DATAKIOSLAVE you can disable this special hack and compile
dataprotocol.* into a standalone kioslave.

Which bug or breakage do you fix by removing DATAKIOSLAVE?

mfg
	Leo