RFC: i18n: drop KUIT tags in KDE Frameworks 5.0?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Mar 24 15:10:56 GMT 2012

El Dissabte, 24 de març de 2012, a les 08:50:39, Thomas Zander va escriure:
> On Saturday 24 March 2012 00.14.03 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> > On Friday, March 23, 2012 08:12:53 PM Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > Read those numbers again; its kinda depressing really;
> >
> > I don't have numbers but almost nobody is taking "close care" of
> > accessibility when developing applications, should be removed it? no we do
> > not.
>
> The difference here is that there is a way to get consistent look and feel
> without using this feature.

How?

> Whereas with a11y there is not.
> Specifically; of the 24 tags how many can you get people to care about the
> look and feel sufficiently to make a difference.

None, because the bunch of geek developers [mostly] don't care about look and
feel, that's why we need to expand how community to people that care about
polish.

> If history is any guide,
> just some, and just a little bit.
>
> > I think that this feature, as Albert said is something that we should
> > promote and try to get people to use them.
>
> This defending of "Dont take my feature away, I promise to use it from not
> on" just sounds hollow to me.

That's nonsense, i'm not defending "my feature" since I as a geek don't care
about look and feel and I've never used this feature, but i recognise the fact
that we *should* be caring about it and finding someone in the greater
community to make sure how messaging to the user is consistent.

Albert