kdegames looking for a QML-experienced mentor

Stefan Majewsky stefan.majewsky at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:01:26 GMT 2012

Hi,

on kde-games-devel, we got a lot of interest in a GSoC 2012 idea
that's about porting a game to QML/Quick1. We want this on one hand as
a template for further QML-based games, but on the other hand, it
shall most importantly reveal where we have to adjust libkdegames
towards more QML-friendliness. (The ABI breakage of Qt 5.0 is the
perfect opportunity for this.)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to mentor a project based on this
idea. I will be available for co-mentoring to handle
libkdegames-specific questions, but we need a mentor who is especially
experienced in QML/Quick1, e.g. someone from the Plasma team. Please
write to me or kde-games-devel@ if you're interested, and feel free to
forward this mail as required.

Greetings
Stefan