Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 21:29:05 GMT 2012

Am 15.03.12, 09:39 -0300 schrieb Daniel Nicoletti:
> 2012/3/15 Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>:
>> ... and do caching, lookup, perhaps wrapping of CMMs and so one. Would it
>> not be nice to share that?
> Really caching of so small files? If you cache small files you have an unneeded
> overhead at best and a complex solution at worst.

Transforms are expensive, so caching makes sense. Parsing of ICC profiles
in larger numbers is expensive too.

>> That is a apple against orange page comparision. But hey, here is a
>> better link:
>> http://www.oyranos.org/features/
> You're just trying to create yet another CMS, we already have excelent ones
> lcms, AngryCMS why a third?

Oyranos is a wrapper for CMM's. That way it wrappes the lcms ICC colour
conversion engine. It could wrap ArgyllCMS's ICC colour conversion engine
as a CMM too.

Oyranos does not do colour colorimetric stuff. It links to a CMM to do
that.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe