Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 16:46:59 GMT 2012

Don't know the best place to reply, so I guess that this is as good as any.

We don't need to choose right now, colord-kde just started and Oyranos is just
starting to make noise thanks to KColorManager, where is the hurry to choose a
side? it seems to me that some people are using this "fight" to win a battle
in the "Middleware war" which some people think that is going on. Please stop
that or open a new thread to discuss that.

In my humble opinion we should just wait and see what of them last longer and
healthier.

Also, I'm not an expert but if we could share interface I would love that, is
it possible?

Finally, is there any possibility of making an abstraction that allows our
applications to use color management in all platforms?

Thanks and sorry if I say soemthign already replied, long threads are long :p