Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Wed Mar 14 21:52:13 GMT 2012

2012/3/14 Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>:
> Am 14.03.12, 21:10 +0100 schrieb Thomas Zander:

>>> colord print CM:
>>> CUPS does not depend in any way on colord.
>>
>> This opinion seems to conflict with the facts stated by others.  Debian
>> for
>> instance has 'rec' (recommend) colord for cups.[1]
>
> CUPS is a cross platform solution. It works with colour management on osX
> fine. IMO that recommendation on Debian has to do with colord in Gnome and
> that colord needs compiled in support inside CUPS. No more no less.
No. Cups uses the Color Management system provided by the OS. On
MacOS-X it uses ColorSync, for example. Cups itself has a patch
included which makes it use colord DBus-API to talk to colord. That's
the reason for CUPS recommending colord on Debian.

>> Notice that colord allows components to use it without linking it in at
>> startup using the dbus interface for instance.
> That is non relevant to the fact, that CUPS vendor colour management works
> since years and without colord.
It does - on MacOS-X, because it uses ColorSync there :P

Regards,
   Matthias