Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 16:46:17 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012 16.39.00 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Hi!
> > Colord - just to mention that - is also not a GNOME project, it's a
> > FreeDesktop project. (Doesn't mean it's "standard", but does mean that
> > it's not GNOME)
>
> Well, no, having something on freedesktop.org doesn't mean it's not a
> gnome project;

Little semantic confusion here :)
He said it *IS*  a freedesktop project.  Which means it is not a gnome
project, which seems to me to be true.

> it is a gnome project, and it's widening its scope. The
> reason it's used at all is that is is used inside gnome.

Projects should be judged on merit, irregardless of who pushes it.
If gnome is using it and that makes it grow acceptance, thats a good thing in
my book.  Why; *because* acceptance is growing. I don't care if its gnome or
any other player pushing it.

That said; Cups also depends on colord. And IMO that has a bigger impact than
the gnome components that pull it in.

--
Thomas Zander