Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 16:28:10 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012 16.59.55 Lamarque V. Souza wrote:
> Colord is not wide used in KDE and since oyranos includes a wider feature
> set I guess it is more usefull for a wider range of users.

This assumption seems to not be supported by the documentation. The specific
set of user-groups also speaks against this assumption.

> As said in
> other e-mails colord is required in Gnome3, so why not add oyranos to
> kdegraphics since other KDE software already work with it?

I'm not following this sentence; becaues gnome uses X, kde should not use X.
If thats what you are saying, I want to say I disagree.

Could you explain what you mean with the
  "since other KDE already works with it"
part?
AFAIK there is no KDE software that would function better with oyranos than
with colord.  Which means there is no clear advantage on that basis.  Am I
missing some piece of software?

--
Thomas Zander