DrKonqi improvement idea

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Mar 13 08:40:45 GMT 2012

Hi all,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 19:34, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 12 March 2012 19:26:27 Niko Sams wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 13:57, henry miller <hank at millerfarm.com> wrote:
> *cough*
> https://bugs.kde.org/report.cgi?x_axis_field=resolution&y_axis_field=&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-
> table&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=kwin&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=NEEDSINFO&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&longdesc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_id=&bug_id_type=anyexact&votes=&votes_type=greaterthaneq&bug_severity=crash&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&emailtype3=substring&email3=&chfield=[Bug+creation]&chfieldvalue=&chfieldfrom=2011-01-01&chfieldto=Now&j_top=AND&f1=noop&o1=noop&v1=&format=table&action=wrap
>
> That's the stats for all crash reports reported against kwin since 01/01/2011
> and now. It illustrates nicely one of the major problems of DrKonqui: you can
> report the duplicates.
>
> Of course KWin is the worst case scenario for measuring DrKonqui as we have
> all those nice driver bugs ;-)

Worst case I don't know, if you apply the report to other large
projects you will get similar figures, see for example for Amarok:
http://bit.ly/wa6m4i

But then, we are all in the same boat with duplicates :)

Just my 2 ct: I don't think the user is able to actually judge if a
report is a duplicate one, so handling this on the server side would
be really a great idea, unless somebody (aka many) have time to triage
this on a daily basis. I agree on at least one point: duplicates
should not be reported without prior triage.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org