Review Request: Rename Samba Shares to Windows Shares (SMB)

Stas Verberkt legolas at legolasweb.nl
Fri Jun 22 11:35:47 BST 2012

>> My mother however thinks about a certain latin dance when I tell her
>> to 'use the samba share'.
>
> My mother however thinks about certain holes in the walls of her home
> when I
> tell her to 'use the windows share'.

Windows itself refers to this by "network share", I think.
However, what I was wondering is: if a user does not understand those
terms,
would that user use these shares? Or would that user just use the link
or
shortcut he got from the system administrator? Because I am not sure if
my
mother would understand the whole concept of sharing anyway -- ok, I am
telling
a lie here, my mother is an IT professional, but that is not the point.
;)