Default file manager and folder associations

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 21:18:49 BST 2012

On Sunday 17 June 2012 19:17:41 Thomas Lübking wrote:

> You want to open directories with the default mime handler just as images
> or an mp3, that's why they're there.
> If someone sets an "rm -rf $1" script as default directory handler, that's
> actually his problem - you can't fix stupidity.

I perfectly agree ;)
However, the user never meant to change the default association for folders,
he just meant to add a new action to the right-click menu.

so in the end I agree with you that the crucial issue is the misleading
caption of the checkbox in the “open with…” dialog.
Who is the right person to discuss with?

Thanks,
  Jacopo