kdelibs and Qt version dependency

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Jun 6 07:08:09 BST 2012

On 06/06/2012 03:19 AM, Dawit A wrote:
> It is a simple matter to put a #ifdef around the code that does not
> compile with Qt 4.7. I wish this issue was raised when the code was up
> for review for more than a month or the Qt documentation mentioned
> something about those functions only being available in Qt 4.8.
>
> Anyhow, I have attached a patch that should make it compile on Qt
> 4.7.x. If someone is willing to test it against Qt 4.7 and let me know
> if it compiles and works fine for them, I can commit it. It will
> however mean that bug# 275524 will not be fixed for those using Qt 4.7.
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org
> <mailto:aacid at kde.org>> wrote:
>
>     On May 19, Dawit Alemayehu commited a change that uses
>     QSslConfiguration::testSslOption that is only available in Qt 4.8
>
>     This means that both kdelibs 4.8.4 and kdelibs 4.9 now depend in
>     Qt 4.8
>     instead Qt 4.7
>
>     I want to ask the kdelibs maintainers:
>
>     a) Do you think it makes sense to change our Qt required version from
>     Qt 4.7 in kdelibs 4.8.3
>     Qt 4.8 in kdelibs 4.8.4
>     ?
>
>     b) Do you think kdelibs 4.9 should depend in Qt 4.8 or not?
>
>     Cheers,
>      Albert

I tried the patch, you forgot some stuff. I am working on the 4.8.80
kdelibs tarball if that matters.
I added

#if QT_VERSION >= 0x040800
         if (sslConfig.testSslOption(QSsl::SslOptionDisableCompression)
&& !shouldSslCompressBeDisabled) {

setMetaData(QLatin1String("{internal~currenthost}LastUsedSslDisableCompressionFlag"),
                         QString::number(true));
         }
#endif

and

#if QT_VERSION >= 0x040800
     kDebug(7027) << "Trying SSL handshake with protocol:" << version
<< ", SSL compression ON:" <<
sslConfig.testSslOption(QSsl::SslOptionDisableCompression);
#endif

and it built.

Anne-Marie