playground/games/picmi moved to KDE Review

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 09:50:14 BST 2012

Am 25.07.2012 10:13, schrieb Andras Mantia:
> On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 08:57:13 AM Laszlo Papp wrote:
>>> There was never a requirement for software that wants to be part of KDE to
>>> work on Windows, and I'd like to keep this as it is.
>>
>> Perhaps, but I can still raise my personal opinion, just as you can
>
> Sure. :)
>
>> .
>> Although, it is a bit more here than "does not work". It does even
>> compile. :-)
>
> The usual reason is that the developer doesn't even have a MS compiler or
> Windows. And nobody can be forced to have one. ;)
>
> It is not a problem you bring up the issues, but that shouldn't block the app
> being moved from kdereview to another module (if it is accepted by the module
> maintainer, there are not other problems with it).

Yes, I think this is the right direction.
If people on Windows do review the apps as well I think we can try to
fix them first (even with support from the maintainer) but I don't think
we are that far yet to block the move.

>> I do think a minimal effort could be taken, especially when people are
>> keen on helping with testing and even fixing like in this case.
>> Perhaps, if some people do not have Windows access (due to the fact,
>> it costs money, etc)
>> , they could have an option for remote usage, and
>> run at least a build check. Other option is a build server perhaps
>> with Jenkins?
>
> Yes, that would help, but somebody has to do the work, do the setup, buy the
> MS tools, etc. Sincerely, I don't see th
>
>> It just makes the KDE Windows' team life hard to get all the
>> application running. Unfortunately, there is a decent manpower lack
>> over there, and if each developer can help a little bit, even just
>> about their applications, the situation looks much better.
>
> I keep telling to Patrick to just use Linux, but he is hard headed, so he has
> to leave with the pain and fix our mess. ;)

:-D
If I ever stop working on KDE on Windows I will switch.

> Andras

regards,
Patrick