playground/games/picmi moved to KDE Review

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Jul 25 09:13:38 BST 2012

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 08:57:13 AM Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > There was never a requirement for software that wants to be part of KDE to
> > work on Windows, and I'd like to keep this as it is.
>
> Perhaps, but I can still raise my personal opinion, just as you can

Sure. :)

> .
> Although, it is a bit more here than "does not work". It does even
> compile. :-)

The usual reason is that the developer doesn't even have a MS compiler or
Windows. And nobody can be forced to have one. ;)

It is not a problem you bring up the issues, but that shouldn't block the app
being moved from kdereview to another module (if it is accepted by the module
maintainer, there are not other problems with it).

> I do think a minimal effort could be taken, especially when people are
> keen on helping with testing and even fixing like in this case.
> Perhaps, if some people do not have Windows access (due to the fact,
> it costs money, etc)
> , they could have an option for remote usage, and
> run at least a build check. Other option is a build server perhaps
> with Jenkins?

Yes, that would help, but somebody has to do the work, do the setup, buy the
MS tools, etc. Sincerely, I don't see th

> It just makes the KDE Windows' team life hard to get all the
> application running. Unfortunately, there is a decent manpower lack
> over there, and if each developer can help a little bit, even just
> about their applications, the situation looks much better.

I keep telling to Patrick to just use Linux, but he is hard headed, so he has
to leave with the pain and fix our mess. ;)

Andras