playground/games/picmi moved to KDE Review

Jakob Gruber jakob.gruber at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:53:28 BST 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to announce the move of Picmi to KDE Review [1] with the
intended destination being kdegames.

Picmi is a nonogram logic game [2] I've been working on for around two
years. It includes both a random mode (with low completion times as the
goal) and 51 preset puzzles which turn into a pictogram when solved.

Please have a look at both the game itself and the code. Let me know
about any issues and I will do my best to resolve them. Picmi can be
built with 'git clone git://anongit.kde.org/picmi && cd picmi && make &&
build/src/picmi'.
Building with KDE trunk will require the patch from
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=134201653803914&w=2.

I've already sent my intentions about moving Picmi to kdegames to the
kde-games-devel list [3] and the module coordinator Matt Williams.

Going through the requirements of the application lifecycle:

* You should have checked for basic problems with a profiler.
* There should be user documentation in docbook format.
* Your application should be completely translatable.

Check.

* There should be no krazy code checker issues reported.

There were a couple of reported issues (I can't check at the moment
because the old playground is gone and kdereview is not up yet). The
check should pop up at [4] in a bit.

A couple of them were related to the HAVE_KGDIFFICULTY macro which
provides compatibility between the old KGameDifficulty and KgDifficulty.
These can be removed when Picmi is based on trunk.

Many of the others also seemed like false positives (i.e. complaining
about "c" "string concatenation"). Please have a look at let me know if
any of them need to be fixed.

* If possible, there should have been a basic usability review of your
application.

There has been no review so far.

Thanks for your time!
Greetings,