Using userbase for manuals

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Jul 1 22:19:51 BST 2012

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> I further argue that, if people who are accustomed to version control
>> find web-something-thingy (such as wiki) optimal for their documentation
>> writing workflow, something has gone horribly wrong;
>
> [: Ingo Malchow :]
> Sorry, not sure i get you here. Do you mean a certain location for version
> control? Because, wikis provide version control since the beginning, and
> you can roll back to any point if you wish.

I mean: different location, different "VCS", over-the-web interaction with
it, over-the-web source processing (i.e. "previewing", since nothing else is
possible), and maybe even in-browser editing (though I can avoid at least
that part, copy first to a proper editor).

Doesn't something seem the slightest bit wrong here to you?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)