KDE Frameworks 5: Rhythm

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:58:46 GMT 2012

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> On Saturday, 21 de January de 2012 16.17.38, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> * Thiagos stuff - I don't know.
>
> Thiago's stuff is:
>
> - new atomics (wasn't a KDE request): done, just waiting for integration
> because of stupid stuff like the copyright header not matching exactly
> what's expected and my inability to fix non-trivial issues found by the
> continuous integration checking.
>
> - KUrl / QUrl merge: done, API overall reviewed, tests written,
> benchmarked to be 2.8x faster than the current QUrl implementation.
> Blocked on my employer not allowing the code to be submitted to the Qt
> Project. I've already begun to consider it belonging to the garbage bin.

If it does belong to the garbage bin, we should consider getting some stuff
into the existing class - making toLower() built into the scheme() etc.

Do you have a list of such small fixes?

I removed the Q_GLOBAL_STATIC stuff from

http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Qt_5.0_Merging

and put it into the 5.1 page.

Thanks,

Steve.