Review Request: Fix for SSL handeshake failure in TcpSlaveBase due to server not supporting SSL compression

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Tue Jan 3 00:07:47 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, 2 de January de 2012 22.18.45, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> on Monday 02 January 2012 22:08:48 Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> >
>> > 404 - Page does not exist
>> >
>> > Reviewboard broken?
>>
>> Try https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103610/diff/
>
> Now I can't find my reviewboard password. It's on the other laptop, which is
> 11000 km away.
>
> Anyway, I looked at the change and gave up reviewing it. Dawit, can you make a
> change that doesn't move code around unnecessarily? If you're going to move
> code around, only do that. Then make the other change.

Will fix that. I completely forgot to clean that up before making the diff.

> The change has two other problems:
> 1) it requires new API in kdecore
> 2) it uses new API in Qt 4.8 that wasn't API reviewed. I want to change it in Qt 5.

That was pointless. If I had known I would have not wasted my time
attempting to fix this bug. On the other hand not addressing this bug
because it adds a new API in KTcpSocket means that the issue would
linger for at least another year and even then it will only be
addressed if someone remembers to address it. We still have few SSL
related regressions from KDE 3 that have not yet been resolved in KDE
4 to this day. Oh well...

Regards,
Dawit A.