Can we please have an updated and confirmed working "build KDE from source as separate user"?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:00:22 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Shaun Reich <shaun.reich at kdemail.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you also have a run example for any kde app?
>
> Hm, for any kde app? The script snippet I gave you can run anything,
> provided you point the vars to the right path. It even uses a
> different KDEHOME, so that configuration files won't get touched from
> the code from master.
>
> --
> Shaun Reich,
> KDE Software Developer (kde.org)

What i meant is: how do you run that bash function?
I have no clue for bash functions and how they work. So for example do i
need to do: "runmaster() dolphin"?
Yeah, i really have no clue!

Also, this function is missing a ending "}" ... is there anything else
missing?
Could you put the full function on http://paste.kde.org/?