Changing HEAD in kdelibs.git

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Jan 2 08:50:14 GMT 2012

On 1/2/2012 9:24 AM, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Somehow I skip the thread where the creation of the 4.8 branch was
> discussed
> (I'm guessing it was a long thread?) Anyway I was unable to build
> kde-workspace until somebody told me about the new branch :/ was it
> announced anywhere?

I hit the same problem.

Once again I feel like we should modify the KDE Projects
home page to serve as a dashboard where sysadmin and re-
lease team can put announcements for ongoing events, like
freeze states and what branches to use, or infrastructure
outtages. We currently lack a single destination everyone
can refer to to get project-wide, dev-affecting status
info and which is seen as critical enough that people
actually feel beholden to keep it updated.

We should also then also put a plasmoid into kdesdk that
shows that info and that devs could put onto their desktops
to see status in the morning; could be as easy as a Web
Slice with preconfiguration.

Anyone interested in developing a suitable Redmine plugin
(could be as easy as setting up an existing one, there
are many third-party Redmine plugins), getting it set up
properly and putting together a plasmoid?

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein