bugzilla situation

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Feb 24 18:36:28 GMT 2012

On Friday 24 February 2012 20:31:46 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Friday, February 24, 2012 06:51:11 PM Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > -> first level support
> >
> > issues are not opened on the bug tracker but in a user support management
> > system - e.g. forums.kde.org. Only if the supporters figure out that there
> > is  a real bug, they will open a bug report. This is high filtered, all
> > the
> > information present.
>
> Fair enough, good solution, but with an "if". If you have a team who does
> the filtering. If you don't have, you did nothing. Also this can be done
> just as fine in bugzilla, no need for a forum or else, by using a state for
> the bug ("checked", "confirmed", "new" whatever) and the developer can look
> only to the filtered list.
bugzilla s***s at filtering. I just refer to Thomas's mail about all the
issues we have in bugzilla (for KWin) because it's not filtered and cannot be
moderated. It's just the wrong tool for user support and I understand
everybody who does not want to do usersupport through bugzilla.

(one of my favorite moderation feature is "bug confirmed by popular vote" -
great thing to destroy the "NEW" state)

Cheers
Martin