bugzilla situation

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 14:44:32 GMT 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2012 04:57:16 PM David Edmundson wrote:
>> > First of all, the bugzilla is supposed to be a communication tool between
>> > the user and the developer.
>> Or is it?
>>
>> If I understand Martin correctly, he wants bugzilla to be "a list of
>> things broken in my app", not a communication tool for every user who
>> wants to say something.
>
> Bugzilla is not a to-do list, it is for what else... a bug (and wishlist)
> reporting tool for users.
> If you wish to organize your tasks, I'm afraid you should do in another tool.

No, that's one possible "what bugzilla is for". My point is that
everyone has slightly different expectations of what B.K.O should be
for,  and no one opinion can be deemed as "correct."

There are clearly two different of opinions on this thread "it's a
user tool", "it's a developer tool", these conflict and is the root of
all the discussion here.

Dave