Color Managing KDE

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 15:46:43 GMT 2012

Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> schrieb:
>If KDE include a color management based on Oyranos, what's about
>applications which have already a Color Management system, based on
>another library ?
>
>For ex, in digiKam we have used LCMS ver1 and we currently port to
>LCMS ver 2 (http://www.littlecms.com)
>
>We will need to break all LCMS based implementation in digiKam and
>port all again to another library as Oyranos ???

Oyranos is optional. The configurations are planed to be parseable JSON.
It is up to de elopers to find value in it, e.g. it's multi monitor colour correction.
But that might become more interesting once Qt/KDE widgets are colour managed.

Btw. Oyranos is in parts a wrapper around lcms. It does not implement
ICC colour calulations like lcms, qcms, ArgyllCMS or SampleICC.

>Which CM sub-system is used by Gnome Desktop ? They uses Oyranos too ?

They use colord. But that itself does no colour correction at all, just configuration.
Gnome apps use lcms, like in Inkscape or Gimp.

>Gilles Caulier

kind regards
Kai-Uwe

>2012/2/22 Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de>:
>> On Wednesday 22 February 2012 11:46:53 Richard Hughes wrote:
>>> GNOME has been a color managed desktop by default for two releases
>>> [...]
>>> Basically, I need a KDE dude.
>>
>> Our "color management KDE dude" is Kai-Uwe Behrmann from Oyranos
>> team. See "git/playground/graphics/kolor-manager" for what is already
>> available.
>>
>> Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
>> KDE Quality Team

kind regards