Kdelibs Coding Style vs. preparations for Qt5

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Dec 29 23:56:41 GMT 2012

On domingo, 30 de dezembro de 2012 00.48.01, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> >> Out of curiosity, is it something which got documented in the Qt project?
> >> Or that's more a custom? (doesn't make it less valid, I'm being curious
> >> here and couldn't find the info)
> >
> > syncqt complains if public headers have Qt includes that aren't in the
> > <QtModule/ClassName> or <QtModule/classname.h> form.
>
> syncqt is a Qt-internal tool. It is relevant to the headers of Qt itself,
> but not relevant outside it.

True, but it's relevant to the discussion.

The discussion is about making KF5 coding style as close as possible to Qt's,
potentially to permit the codebase to be imported into Qt as an addon later.
If the codebase is imported into Qt, it will be built with Qt's buildsystem
(whatever that is at that time). Right now, that includes a syncqt step.

Even if the code isn't imported into Qt and is never subject to syncqt, the
question still was whether that was documented. It isn't documented in a wiki,
but it is effectively documented by having syncqt spew warnings.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358