Kdelibs Coding Style vs. preparations for Qt5

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Dec 29 19:50:46 GMT 2012

On Saturday 29 December 2012 07:11:17 PM Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Saturday 29 December 2012 16:25:54 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >
> > Would there be any chance to have the style check done by a pre-commit hook?
> > Or at least have a command-line tool that checks it for me?
> yeah that should be possible. At my old day-job I created a pre-commit hook to
> basically grep for some common coding style violations. Only problem: it
> checks for all files, so it would e.g. also check QML files which follow a
> different coding style.
>
> Assuming we can perfectly check the coding style with astyle it would be quite
> nice to have that as a pre-commit hook. Would be very nice to have it in the
> repos as it also moves away the nitpicks from code reviews.
>
> And no, Krazy check is for that too late as it's after commit.

If you have the Krazy command line tool installed (https://gitorious.org/krazy)
then you could write a pre-commit hook that runs 'krazy2 --style' on the files
being committed.

Keeping in mind that I haven't tested the Krazy "kdelibs" style checker in a long time.
But I am accepting bug reports and patches.

-Allen