Kdelibs Coding Style vs. preparations for Qt5

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Dec 29 18:11:17 GMT 2012

On Saturday 29 December 2012 16:25:54 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Would there be any chance to have the style check done by a pre-commit hook?
> Or at least have a command-line tool that checks it for me?
yeah that should be possible. At my old day-job I created a pre-commit hook to
basically grep for some common coding style violations. Only problem: it
checks for all files, so it would e.g. also check QML files which follow a
different coding style.

Assuming we can perfectly check the coding style with astyle it would be quite
nice to have that as a pre-commit hook. Would be very nice to have it in the
repos as it also moves away the nitpicks from code reviews.

And no, Krazy check is for that too late as it's after commit.

Cheers
Martin