Moving Trojitá to extragear

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 15:15:15 GMT 2012

On Thursday 13 December 2012 21:50:29 Chusslove Illich wrote:
> >> [: David Faure :]
> >> If it handles this correctly (so that tr() works at runtime), this is
> >> good news then, it sounds like we can drop the weird
> >> QCoreApp::translate("", "text") in KF5.
> >
> > [: Jan Kundrát :]
> > I can confirm that lconvert from Qt 4.8.3 is enough [...]
>
> I'm just wondering if we have slight misunderstanding here... The point is
> that the running code uses straight Qt translation system, without anything
> PO in sight. PO is only the medium to "talk" to translators. So by
> definition everything depends only on sanity of lconvert (valid POT output,
> lossless roundtrip conversion).

Yes, this seems clear to me, I don't see the misunderstanding.

My initial analysis, for KF5, was that the MyObj::tr() call at runtime
wouldn't be able to find the "MyObj" context in the translations, but Jan says
lconvert actually solves that by storing it in X-Qt-Contexts during the ts-
>po->ts conversions, so this is fine.

It just means that l10n will have to run lconvert during make install, in
order to install .qm files (compiled from .ts files), rather than .mo files, for
these frameworks which use tr() and not i18n().