Moving Trojitá to extragear

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Thu Dec 13 18:35:56 GMT 2012

On Thursday, 13 December 2012 18:52:51 CEST, David Faure wrote:
> If it handles this correctly (so that tr() works at runtime), this is good
> news then, it sounds like we can drop the weird QCoreApp::translate("",
> "text") in KF5.

I can confirm that lconvert from Qt 4.8.3 is enough to preserve the contexts (as long as translators retain the X-Qt-Contexts in the po header). If you're interested in a specific version, the relevant commit in Qt is probably a1c8fc04c17cfbf0060c81d442ffa2440a796112, QTBUG-10307.

If any of the following conditions are met in full:

1) the translators do not clobber up the file header and the lconvert used for both extracting the .pot file and building the application is up-to-date,
2) some trivial Python scripts are in place,

then it's enough to use the regular QObject::tr(). Trojita works like that.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/