Review of kdev-python for move to extragear

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:25:21 GMT 2012

Hi!

For quite exactly two years I have been working on integrating the
Python scripting language into KDevelop. Recently this project, called
kdev-python, has seen its first stable release (called 1.4 in order to
match kdevplatform version numbers). The release seems to be
successful so far, no crashes or grave bugs have surfaced yet. Of
course there is a lot of nice-to-have functionality missing, but
especially for developing PyQt / PyKDE applications, kdev-python
provides a very usable development tool already. I intend to further
maintain and improve the program in the future.

Thus, I would like to request moving the project from the "playground"
to the "extragear" repository. This email is supposed to be the formal
announcement for the required two-week review period. The source code
of the plugin can be found at
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/kdev-python
or obtained from git by running
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-python

If you find any issues, please tell me so I can fix them as quickly as possible.

Thanks and best regards,
Sven