Review Request: print-manager on kdereview

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Aug 24 07:04:32 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2012 16:49:08 schrieb Daniel Nicoletti:
> Sorry I always have problems with these things,
> I've just copied the messages.sh from my other
> project Apper, then Kai Uwe b did some changes
> on it but maybe he missed something..

Now print-manager has 4 translation catalogs:

strings from qml in plasma_applet_printmanager

and

strings from cpp code in add-printer, kcm_print and print-manager.

But all strings in kcm_print and add-printer are extracted to print-manager as
well, so from a translators pov the two catalogs kcm_print and add-printer are
superfluous and make it hard to keep translations spread over 3 catalog
consistent.

> I'll take a look, but patches are really welcome :D

To provide patches, one needs to know the route you want to go:

a) one catalog for all strings from cpp code
   * remove the Messages.sh in add-printer + kcm_print
   * and adapt the translation catalog load calls in add-printer + kcm_print

b) three different catalogs for strings from cpp code:
  * exclude extraction from add-printer + kcm_print into catalog print-manager

--
Burkhard Lück