kimtoy in kdereview

nihui shuizhuyuanluo at 126.com
Thu Aug 16 06:06:55 BST 2012

hi

Yes, we have kimpanel plasmoid in plasma-addons, and we have skim for scim in old kde3 days.
kimtoy is technically the standalone version of kimpanel plasmoid with many additional features.
Both kimtoy and kimpanel plasmoid are strictly not input method framework like ibus,
they act as frontend(or panel) for the underlying input method frameworks.
Users can still write/type using ibus built-in frontend without KDE ones,
but some nice intergrations between KDE and input method frameworks will be missing,
such as storing ibus settings in kconfig instead of gconf/dconf and consistent style in KDE environment, etc.

the benefits of kimtoy over the current kimpanel plasmoid includes:
no dependence on a running plasma desktop, you can use it in other DE like xfce...
kconfig intergration for ibus and scim
very powerful theming support and customization
more intergration, thumbnailers and strigi analyzers

best wishes,
nihui

在 2012-08-16 00:44:45,"Albert Astals Cid" <aacid at kde.org> 写道: