Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Wed Apr 11 04:49:19 BST 2012

On April 10, 2012 06:45:17 AM Laszlo Papp wrote:
> >> That having said, CDash was designed with CMake in mind. We already
> >> depend on CMake and CTest.
> >
> > We actually do not depend on CTest, that is an optional tool, one can
> > run the tests without ctest (in fact I've never used CTest on my
> > machines).
>
> I stand corrected, you are right about that. You can use "make test"
> without getting involved with CTest.

Actually, make test invokes CTest behind the scenes[1].  That being said, if
we aren't uploading results anywhere, CTest only runs the test executables and
offers nothing else (in this case).  If tomorrow we drop CMake/CTest, the
tests would still run fine as is.

Matthew

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Testing_With_CTest