Exposing KSSL in KIO

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Apr 6 00:36:35 BST 2012

On quinta-feira, 5 de abril de 2012 21.41.00, David Edmundson wrote:
> In KDE Telepathy one the tasks I'm currently doing is certificate
> handling. We get the certificate from telepathy and have to prompt the
> user if they want to accept an invalid certificate.
> All the normal SSL work is done in this telepathy component shared by
> gnome, but any user prompts have to go through us so we match our DE
> and gnome can do their thing.

Then that's already wrong. Please make sure that the Telepathy component is
using the KDE certificates. You must add a way to set the certificates.

> Looking at the documentation KIO has everything I need, namely
> KSSLCertificate and KSSLCertDialog. Unfortunately the headers aren't
> installed so that I can't use any of it. Even though I could duplicate
> that code myself it would be nice to get a consistent interface.
>
> Is this deliberate? If so, why?

It's deliberate. The dialogs are internal API. KDE applications are supposed
to be using one of the socket classes.

> Is there any way I can use it currently? (i.e can I just copy the
> headers without getting in lots of trouble)

I don't think so. The classes are likely not to be exported.

> Could this be changed for Frameworks?

If you submit the changes, yes.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358