The case for a kdelibs 4.8

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 08:32:44 BST 2011

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 23:57:56 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102175/
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102291/
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102350/

none of these are critical feature additions. they elevate the usability of
libplasma and are valuable, but we've lived just fine without these features
to date.

if we were working on and releasing a 4.8 version of kdelibs, our users would
have to wait for these features until 4.8 was released (e.g. in january) and
distributions made packages available to their users (often much later than
that).

instead, they'll have to wait until frameworks is ready. and this code can,
and should, go into libplasma in the frameworks branch today.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se