KDE Frameworks Documentation

Romain Perier bambi at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 28 14:59:45 BST 2011

Le 27/09/2011 20:30, Ignat Semenov a écrit :
> "[...] I once tried to trace down a Dolphin bug regarding previews. I
> found like 5 tiers of abstraction, lots of processes, insanely complex
> APIs and swore not to try to fix KDE bugs any more, at least in
> Dolphin or the KIO subsystem."
In a case like that, ask the maintainer(s). Usually, developers know the
code of their program :) .
Also, feel free to ask for help on IRC or through the bugzilla.
> 4)(Similar to #1) KIO or whatever it was turned out to be
> asynchronous, multi-process beast, and next to impossible to debug.
> YOu have to attach to multiple processes and watch them all, but to do
> that, you need to know where to attach and what to watch for.
gdb attach OR ask the system to create core dump files [1], and then
start gdb on the core dump file once the kio process crashed [2].

[1] man 5 core
[2] man 7 signal