I like KDE and I write code, therefore ...

Chirag Anand anand.chirag at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 23:20:58 BST 2011

On Sep 22 00:01, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimecres, 21 de setembre de 2011, Gorosito Gonzalo vàreu escriure:
> > So guys,
> >
> > Earlier I was taking a look into the KDE bugs pool, so, what if I want
> > to fix any? Should I fix here in my machine and upload a patch to the
> > ticket and see if any authorized developer aprooves it?
>
> That should work, but for some projects it is recommended to use reviewboard
> (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/ or https://svn.reviewboard.kde.org/). If
> after posting the patch and waiting a sensible time you get no answer you can
> go to IRC and/or mail some mailing list saying that you did this nice patch
> and got no answer on it.
>
> Albert
>
> P.S: Welcome to KDE :-)
> P.S.2: In IRC we have #kde-devel-es in case you are interested

On the lines of what Albert suggested, this is what I did to get
involved (quite recent):

- Found a small improvement which I thought would be good to have.
- Read up http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started
- Dug the code, developed a small patch.
- Read http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute
- Submitted it to reviewboard marking the project maintainer.
- Had a discussion on it.
- He suggested a few changes, which I incorporated.
- And my patch was there in the repository. :)

After this, there is a lot to explore, a lot to learn, a lot to fix and
a lot to write! :)

Thanks Albert for the IRC channel, I didn't know about that.

--
Chirag Anand
http://atvariance.in