FindKActivities.cmake missing from kdelibs KDE/4.7 ?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 18:58:08 BST 2011

On 17.10.11 19:45:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Lundi, le 17 octobre 2011, à 19:35, Alex Merry a écrit:
> > On 17/10/11 18:10, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > kde-workspace trunk is supposed to be compiled against kdelibs KDE/4.7,
> > > right?
> > >
> > > For me it seems that FindKActivities.cmake is missing then in kdelibs
> > > KDE/4.7 or kde-workspace trunk. Because kde-workspace/CMakeLists.txt has
> > > the line find_package(KActivities REQUIRED)
> >
> > > But there is nowhere a FindKActivities.cmake for me:
> > FindKActivities is provided by libkactivities (the kactivities module on
> > git.kde.org).  If you don't have it, there won't be such a file.
>
> Hm, but kdelibs KDE/4.7 has (and builds+installs for me by default)
> experimental/libkactivities, isn't that the "official" version of
> libkactivities to use?

Apparently not, but last I checked everybody disagreed about the
'correct' solution since some do not want such changes in 4.7 but others
don't want to wait for 5.x. Basically the whole development process is
in limbo - unfortunately.

> > This, I believe, is how cmake is meant to work.  A package can provide
> > its own Find*.cmake file, and find_package will fail if either the
> > Find*.cmake file was not found or running the cmake script in said file
> > reports that the package could not be found.
>
> I understood it the other way round:
> that code which relies on some other modul has to have it's own Find*.cmake
> for that modul (unless it is that common that cmake has it installed by
> default). All the Find*.cmake in all the KDE modules at least always supported
> me in this understanding :) So turns out I am wrong?

No you're right and Alex is wrong. Just check the kde-buildsystem or
cmake list archives for evidence (don't have a reference at hand right
now)

Andreas