FindKActivities.cmake missing from kdelibs KDE/4.7 ?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 18:45:07 BST 2011

Lundi, le 17 octobre 2011, à 19:35, Alex Merry a écrit:
> On 17/10/11 18:10, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > kde-workspace trunk is supposed to be compiled against kdelibs KDE/4.7,
> > right?
> >
> > For me it seems that FindKActivities.cmake is missing then in kdelibs
> > KDE/4.7 or kde-workspace trunk. Because kde-workspace/CMakeLists.txt has
> > the line find_package(KActivities REQUIRED)
>
> > But there is nowhere a FindKActivities.cmake for me:
> FindKActivities is provided by libkactivities (the kactivities module on
> git.kde.org).  If you don't have it, there won't be such a file.

Hm, but kdelibs KDE/4.7 has (and builds+installs for me by default)
experimental/libkactivities, isn't that the "official" version of
libkactivities to use?

> This, I believe, is how cmake is meant to work.  A package can provide
> its own Find*.cmake file, and find_package will fail if either the
> Find*.cmake file was not found or running the cmake script in said file
> reports that the package could not be found.

I understood it the other way round:
that code which relies on some other modul has to have it's own Find*.cmake
for that modul (unless it is that common that cmake has it installed by
default). All the Find*.cmake in all the KDE modules at least always supported
me in this understanding :) So turns out I am wrong?

Cheers
Friedrich