The future of Power Management - together with Activities

Scott Kitterman kde at kitterman.com
Mon Oct 3 05:38:29 BST 2011

On Sunday, October 02, 2011 06:44:41 PM Dario Freddi wrote:
> I would like to draw your attention to the address of this list. It
> has a nice -devel prefix. I donĀ“t take part in discussions where I am
> not knowledgeable about the topic. So far the answers I got are among
> this category.
>
>  - I have never used those features,but I am voicing random crap about
> changing them
>  - I have a strong opinion I will keep stating, and refuse to answer
> your replies about my concerns or reading what you wrote previously
> and keep going on my line.
>
> Seriously, has anybody answered my statements about brightness
> vs.everything else and creating profiles vs. creating activities?

I certainly think I have.

I've said I think the concept of activities (what you are doing) is generally
orthogonal to when I want the system to do things different for power
management (where I am), so trying to connect them will be confusing.  I don't
feel like you've addressed that.

I apologize for being harsh earlier.  Cleary you didn't feel like what you
were saying was being heard.  I didn't either.

Scott K