Extending KZip class

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Oct 2 20:06:34 BST 2011

On Sunday, 2011-10-02, Θεόφιλος Ιντζόγλου wrote:
> I'm trying to improve the karchive plugin of ark to have better support for
> zip files but unfortunately there are some things missing from the KZip
> class like support for encrypted archives and file deletion. Should I
> create patches for the KZip/KArchive classes or just subclass KZip class
> and do all the necessary changes locally?

I think ideallly this would be done in the existing classes. However, there is
currently a kind of freeze for features in kdelibs so you might have to work
on that in a subclass of your own for the time being.

But hopefully in a way that results in this extended functionality being part
of the respective classes in KDE frameworks 5.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring