The future of Power Management - together with Activities

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 18:45:58 BST 2011

On Sunday, October 02, 2011 19:34:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I can think for
> example for powersave-for-movie mode that dims display (because the
> movie is shown on a TV) but does not suspend to ram/disk or turn off
> monitors. Requiring people to create an activity for that even if thats
> the only one (besides the one they use all the time otherwise) is
> a regression compared to the current state.

Well based on some of Dario's clarifying emails it sounds like you will still
be able to change the power management settings to do this, but you'll have to
do this by changing the profile options for whatever the currently-detected
profile is, e.g. if you were on AC power you'd just go and change the "on AC
power" profile.

So while it may be a bit different it sounds like you can still do the same
thing.

Either way the code is mostly available so I suppose it's easier to talk about
what's there than to debate about what's "going to be there". ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne