The future of Power Management - together with Activities

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 09:22:35 BST 2011

On Saturday 01 October 2011 20:07:12 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Actually I'm confused by the concept of activities as a whole: On
> one hand, there are libraries now for reacting to activity switching.
> On the other hand, activities are said to include running
> applications, so apps will be closed when switching to a different
> activity. That seems contradictory.
>
> That makes it difficult for me to see where power profiles come into
> this game: Does this mean that when I want to switch to a different
> profile, does this mean that I have to create a new activity when I
> want to change to a different power profile, which would mean that all
> running applications would close because they belong to the previous
> activity?

OT question about activities: how can they manage stop/restart of applications
inside them? What about eg singletons?

About Power Management; having the ability to manage the 3 main profiles is
everything I need. So, having an easier way to do it is an improvement for the
users, IMHO.

I don't have a clear idea about activities, as I'm not used to. But the idea
expressed in your mail makes sense to me.
So, +1 from here.

Cheers,
--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam