Requesting freeze exception for JtG

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 17:48:28 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 22 November 2011, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
wrote:
> > AFAIK (according to several mails from Dirk), there will be a kdelibs
> > release together with the rest of KDE SC 4.8, and it will also be called
> > 4.8.
> >
> > But it will be a feature-frozen bug fixed kdelibs 4.7 basically.
>
> That's why this needs to go in. Let's say this is a bugfix for an
> issue called "recession hit us too and we need money".

I had a look at the screenshots.
This doesn't introduce new API, and it shouldn't be able to break anything.
I wouldn't even have considered this a feature addition.
Since the argument seems to be that it must go into frameworks, maybe put it
in the frameworks branch first, then somehow get it into the 4.x branch ?

From my POV, if we make it a requirement that such things must go in
frameworks first, and once they are there, they can still go into 4.x, we
should be fine. Especially if it's safe and unintrusive stuff (...famous last
words, I know).

Alex