Requesting freeze exception for JtG

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 12:23:37 GMT 2011

On 11/22/2011 2:51 AM, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> - Because 4.8 is probably the last release before 5.0

I don't think there is any plan to make 4.8 the last
release before 5.0. The plan with Frameworks develop-
ment is explicitly to avoid interrupting the develop-
ment and release of the non-library modules until
Frameworks is ready to be ported to.

Frameworks won't be ready to be ported to until Qt 5
is ready to be ported to, Frameworks has been ported
to it, and it has matured sufficiently. That won't be
the case for quite some time. I'd expect there will
certainly at least be a 4.9, possibly even a 4.10
until 5.0 becomes relevant.

... unless plans have changed and the Frameworks
porting is supposed to happen before Frameworks is
ported to Qt 5, which would be news to me (and also
make relatively sense given that it would mean break-
ing SC and BC two times in short succession).

I'm not saying you shouldn't be granted your freeze,
but the basis of your argument seems incorrect to me.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein