Git Worflow, branch creation.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 19 08:13:04 BST 2011

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 22:08:00 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> From my side, I would strongly prefer to have one policy which is used at
> least for all of KDE SC, (what was trunk/KDE/ before), if possible also for
> kdesupport.

agreed. and in working on this:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Feature_Development_Workflow

that is our goal. to make something that we can propose to all of KDE. the
above workflow documentation will change a lot before then as people offer
input, we discuss at it face-to-face meetings (the above was the result of
such a small gathering at Tokamak 5) and we actually try it out.

what we do need and are still lacking is a writte nlist of requirements that
all our stakeholders have so that we can craft a solution that meets them.
right now the requirements are being passed around "orally" and that's
probably not good. to that end, i've added a (perhaps temporary) Requirements
section to the above wiki page:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Feature_Development_Workflow#Requirements

please feel free to add items to it that may be missing.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se