Git Worflow, branch creation.

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:36:12 BST 2011

On 05/17/2011 05:52 PM, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17. May 2011. 11.42.41 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
>> Testing.
>>
>> If everyone is working on branches on cool new stuff, the release will
>> be crap.
> I don't agree. Freezes just stop the development - it doesn't improve the
> bugfixing as much.
>
> The best way (IMO) would be to have all done in parallel.
>
> Cheerio,
> Ivan
In my little experience, the process works well when you decide some
"minimal stability level" to absolutely respect.
If kdelibs stability level until freeze is "it has to compile", it will
be very a long and hard debugging period.
But if the level is "you can use it instead of branch version" things
will be easier.
So, the idea is to let master being every time open for new features,
but enhance the "I can push" step.
Obviously the enhancement is the first step.

Just my 0.02 cents.

--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project