Klipper

Shaun Reich predator106 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:57:12 BST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
so I have to wonder wether the standard
> copy/paste actions still work and selection via keyboard.

I don't think e.g. ctrl-c, v, works  globally between different
applications. Which is actually mostly why klipper is pretty much
necessary.

This is only "necessary" on X11. So yes, I suppose for modularization
efforts, klipper is sort of a dead weight and more of an extra app
kind of thing just trying to overcome X's brokenness. On Windows, Mac,
and toasters everywhere, it isn't necessary and doesn't make a whole
lot of sense imo.

That isn't to say that it isn't a useful app, naturally it is. Just
one that I feel is not core to non-X11 platforms.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)