Klipper

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 16 18:16:46 BST 2011

On 16.05.11 12:35:53, todd rme wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Esben Mose Hansen <kde at mosehansen.dk> wrote:
> > On Monday 16 May 2011 10:24:01 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> kdebase-workspace is meant to be a single module giving you a working
> >> KDE desktop, that includes a clipboard and hence klipper is part of it.
> >
> > Technically, you'd get a clipboard (well, 10+ actually) from X alone. Klipper
> > provides history, actions, synchronization and edit functionality on top of
> > that.
>
> Would that make klipper a potential target for the upcoming
> modularization efforts, then?

I guess the answer to that depends on how a KDE desktop and all the apps
on it behave without klipper running. I only know the X11 clipboard as
the one which has whatever was last selected via mouse and can be pasted
with my middle mouse-buttons, so I have to wonder wether the standard
copy/paste actions still work and selection via keyboard.

Andreas